Extractor Remote Racking System
The RRS-2 is a universal remote racking system capable of removing or inserting low- and medium-voltage non-rotary circuit breakers while the operator remains outside the arc-flash boundary.
This device is portable, weighing less than 90 kilograms, and user-friendly, requiring no modifications to the switchgear or circuit breaker.
Each system is custom-designed to fit your circuit breaker needs.
Model RRS-2 is used with circuit breakers that use non-rotary methods to install and remove the breaker and that therefore require an extraction-type mechanism for insertion and removal.
- Remote operation places operator outside the arc-flash protection boundary
- Compatible with low- and medium-voltage circuit breakers produced by all major switchgear manufacturers
- Use with lever-style breakers
- Easily adjustable height and angle of tooling
- Quick-connect and -release drive actuators simplify setup
- Over-racking protection provided
- Uninterruptible power supply
- Hand truck design provides easy mobility
- Aids compliance with NFPA 70E relative to protecting personnel by using external circuit breaker rack-out devices
Circuit Breaker Compatibility
The RRS-2 is compatible with the following circuit breaker models:
- ABB RMVAC (FC & FS replacement)
- Allis Chalmers, Siemens Allis, Siemens – FA & FC(V)-350, 500, 750, 1000-A(-1) & B
- Allis Chalmers, Siemens Allis, Siemens – FA, FB, FC-250, 350, 500, 750, 1000
- Allis Chalmers, Siemens Allis, Siemens – MA-150, 250, 350
- Allis Chalmers, Siemens Allis, Siemens – MA-150, 250, 350A(-1)
- Allis Chalmers, Siemens Allis, Siemens – MA-150, 250, 350B(-1)
- Allis Chalmers, Siemens Allis, Siemens – MA-150, 250, 350C(-1)
- Federal Pacific – DST-II
- GE – AK-1/2-50/75 Nelson
- GE – AK-1-25
- GE – AK-1/2-50/75
- GE – AK-2-25
- GE – AK-2-25 Nelson
- GE – AL
- Merlin Gerin – FG-2
- Siemens – FSV
- Siemens – MSV
- Westinghouse – DA-50
- Westinghouse – DA-75
- Westinghouse – DB-15
- Westinghouse – DB-25
- Westinghouse – DB-50
All equipment varies slightly from one system to the next, which is why onsite evaluations or adequate pictures with measurements are strongly suggested. The RRS-2 requires absolutely no modifications to the switchgear or circuit breaker.
[categoryvideothumb type=category id=9 rows=3 cols=5]