RRS-2 Product Options
For Universal Extractor Remote Racking Systems
CCM Radio Remote
The CCM radio remote option allows users to operate the RRS and monitor the racking status wirelessly from up to 90 meters away. Ideal for users with extended distance requirements or who wish to monitor the status of the racking operation remotely.
Wireless/Wired Video System
The wireless/wired video system allows users to monitor the remote racking operation from up to 90 meters away using an RRS mounted camera and stand-alone monitor. Ideal for users who will be visually separated from the RRS during the remote operation.
The LED light accessory adds a forward-facing, high-intensity light source with pan and tilt capability to the front of the RRS. Ideal for personnel setting up the RRS or installing RRS tooling in low-light environments.
It is recommended that the RRS be stored in a dry, temperature-controlled environment. However, because this is not always possible, CBS ArcSafe offers a water-resistant cover that protects the RRS from contact with small amounts of liquid from above.
Air-filled pneumatic tyres provide a cushioning effect and reduce wear on the RRS unit during transport. Ideal for transportation and use on uneven, rocky or gravel surfaces.
Wired Pendant Extensions
Wired pendant extensions allow users to operate the RRS from extended distances while remaining tethered to the unit. Ideal for use in facilities with extended distance requirements that also restrict radio-controlled device transmission.
Stair Climber Rails
The stair climber rails provide a low-friction surface for use when transporting the RRS up and down stairs and provide a level of protection to the control cabinet during everyday use. Ideal for applications requiring transportation up or down stairways.
The power slide system utilises a motor to raise and lower the drive assembly instead of the standard handle. Ideal for applications requiring users to quickly and easily switch between racking heights for different breakers.
The high-lift option is required to remotely rack any equipment with a racking mechanism more than 168 centimeters off the ground. Ideal for users who wish to rack breakers with extremely high racking mechanisms that would otherwise cause issues during manual operation.
Magne-Blast Supervisory Link
The MBSL option allows the RRS to interface with the preexisting control circuit and cubicle-mounted limit switches within GE Magne-Blast gear. Ideal for users who want to control the RRS by utilising the preexisting Magne-Blast control scheme.
The low-speed/jog option consists of a high-torque/low-speed gearbox, as well as manual jog control for the RRS operation. Ideal for applications requiring added torque output or more precise control.
The tether kit is used to provide a universal link between the RRS and the electrical equipment being remotely racked. Ideal for users who wish to remotely rack breakers with moving racking mechanisms.
Front casters allow for maximum mobility even in the tightest spaces, simplifying installation and setup in these locations. Ideal for tight or constrained areas where users may otherwise have difficulty maneuvering the RRS.
Current Control Module
The Current Control Module gives the operator more control over the remote racking operation, including direction, manual and automatic operation and current control and recording. High current demands can indicate mechanical problems, including the need for lubrication.
- Low-power indicator
- Install and remove directional control (counterclockwise for install and clockwise for remove on some switchgear)
- Manual current control allows the operator to both monitor and record current draw during the racking operation
- Simple to change to/from manual and to/from automatic operation
- Maximum current operation records the highest current reached during the racking operation
- Adjustable time-stop parameter wherein the current can be allowed to spike for a small portion of time without stopping the racking procedure. For instance, some breakers have a small increase in resistance during racking if they are not well lubricated.
- Ability to work with any control voltage when equipped with the Magne-Blast supervisory link, eliminating the need to change relays for different control voltages
- Gives location feedback when operating Magne-Blast supervisory link by displaying dots on the screen for the fully installed and removed positions.
- Built-in coast-down timers for Magne-Blast supervisory link operation, which can be adjusted from the CCM itself.
- Automatically reverses motor rotation for use with the geared adapter when the machine is working in supervisory link mode on Magne-Blast circuit breakers
- Built-in jog timers for machines equipped with the low-speed/jog function, which can be adjusted from the CCM itself